13th September 2013: NUTRIMENTHE International Conference
NUTRIMENTHE - International Conference
"The Effect of Diet on the Mental Performance of Children"
The NUTRIMENTHE project is pleased to welcome you to Granada in September 2013 for our International Conference.
Please note that the abstract submission deadline for the NUTRIMENTHE conference has been extended until 15th May 2013.
NUTRIMENTHE was set up in 2008 to improve our knowledge of how pre-natal and childhood nutrition affects later mental performance. This international conference will showcase the results of the project, providing delegates with a wealth of new information and key messages about how the diet of pregnant women and children, can influence mental performance in childhood. Delegates can submit abstracts for exhibition as posters or, for oral presentation. Criteria for abstract submission to the NUTRIMENTHE conference can be viewed here. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism.
• Date: 13th - 14th September, 2013
• Place: Sala Machuca y Albeniz - Granada Conference and Exhibition Centre, Granada, Spain
• In advance of the 20th International Congress of Nutrition, taking place at the same venue, 15th - 20th September 2013
In addition, NUTRIMENTHE will be running a Young Scientists’ Forum Lecture Competition 13th September.
The aim of the Forum is to give young scientists the opportunity to showcase their work to their peers and an internationally renowned audience of researchers. The Forum will provide an atmosphere of friendly competition for young scientists, to help them enhance their presentation and communication skills. Prizes will be awarded for the best presentations.
- Participants must be no older than 35 on the day of the Competition.
- The work presented must be original and previously unpublished or presented at any meetings prior to the Competition
- Abstracts no longer than 300 words, in English, covering one or more subjects listed above.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the organisers using the on-line system of the Competition web page.
- Deadline for entry into the Competition, 21st June 2013.
- Or, submit your abstract by the 15th May 2013 for it to be included in the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism.
Subjects for the NUTRIMENTHE Conference and Young Scientists Forum
-Early Nutrition Programming of Neurodevelopment
-Maternal Nutrition during pregnancy and later cognition in the offspring
-Genetic impact on cognitive development and behaviour
-Neuropsychological approaches for cross-cultural studies by brain domains during development
-Neuroimaging approaches in nutritional studies
-Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and cognitive and behavioural outcomes
-Folic acid, cognition and behaviour development
-Protein intake and cognition
-Micronutrients and cognitive development
-Metabolomic signatures related to neurodevelopment
-Physical activity and cognitive development
-Obesity, cognition and behaviour
-Economic impact of better cognitive development
-Consumers perception, attitudes and beliefs about the role of nutrition in neurodevelopment and behaviour
Join us in Granada to hear world renowned speakers deliver the final messages of NUTRIMENTHE and to be part of the expert discussion.
Register for the NUTRIMENTHE International Conference and enjoy a reduced delegate rate for the 20th International Congress of Nutrition!